By Jennifer Steffy Swanson
The Rhode Island Wedding Group’s Get Pink Bridal Show is this Sunday. If you’ll remember, Amanda — one of our two fabulous blogging brides-to-be — raved about a Rhode Island Wedding Group show she attended earlier last fall. In addition to Amanda’s recommendation, here are our top five reasons you should go to this show:
- Tickets aren’t expensive, ladies ($10 in advance and $15 at the door), and proceeds benefit the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation. Weddings can be so expensive (like you hadn’t noticed). Wouldn’t it be nice to know some of the money you’re spending is going to benefit an awesome organization that does so much good for patients and their families?
- By April, “wedding show season” is pretty much over. Because this is one of the last wedding shows you’ll have a chance to experience until the fall (if not later), you might want to get your last fix before they go into hibernation.
- Attendees will have the chance to win a $10,000 honeymoon. Seriously — you read that correctly.
- It’s at the Hyatt in Newport. Who doesn’t want an excuse to visit Newport (did someone say “shopping?”).
- Smaller-scale shows like this present you with more of an opportunity to speak one-on-one with the vendors who are participating. You can get to know the people providing the services and get a feel for who (and what) is a good fit for your wedding.
- Okay, I know I said five, but let’s make it six: There’s a silent auction, which means you actually get to bid on things you want and/or need, rather than being pooled into a big drawing to win something you may already have.